Legal Affairs Manager
MTN legal team provides effective, timely and consistently high-quality advice to MTN business on commercial, corporate transactions and operational matters. We are here to identify and manage risk and to assist in the exploitation of commercial opportunities. This position will support onsite work for the Legal Department and will manage the work flow process for all legal, compliance matters for MTN Cyprus and all subsidiaries.
Reporting to the Head of Legal the successful candidate will ensure that organizational legal matters are managed properly, efficiently and that the relevant and respective stakeholders are shared and given proper advice and guidance.
- Responsible for redesigning overall contract management processes in close cooperation with procurement division
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and advising on a range of commercial, employment and technology contracts
- Responsible for the development, delivery and documentation of legal compliance programme
- Advising on all commercial and consumer related matters
- Advising on employment and corporate matters
- Advising, instructing and managing external lawyers
- Delegation and supervision of work to other staff members of the legal division
- 5+ Years corporate / commercial legal experience as part of a large corporate or private practice firm. Expertise in commercial, data protection and labour law as a core competence.
- At least two years of managerial experience.
- Ability to prioritise effectively and handle a heavy workload with multiple priorities and deadlines in a changing and complex environment.
- Able to translate complex legal issues into simple, actionable outcomes.
- Excellent drafting skills and fluency both in Greek and English.