Summary position objective:
- Responsible for drafting and negotiating legal agreements and legal cases, as well as conducting research and preparing legal briefs for the Company and its clients.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Implement and follow-up on clients legal requests and transactions;
- Complete forms and draft letters, documents and agreements pertaining to legal cases;
- Issue invoices and receipts for Clients, as and when required;
- Keep clients’ files up-to-date and include certificates, agreements, contracts and any other legal documents;
- Study relevant Law Acts and specialized legal advice, in order to continue building industry knowledge and practical experience;
- Stay informed of the latest legal developments by reading journals and law reports, as well as being aware of world business stories;
- Attend related exhibitions, conferences and networking events as and when required, for business continuity;
- Performs any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
The quality standards required for success are as follows:
- Legal requests and transactions are achieved through teamwork;
- Clients’ files are up-to-date and organized;
- Deadlines are applied for all requests and progress is being discussed;
- Legal developments and world business stories are grasped;
- Industry knowledge and practical experience is progressively built;
- Clients satisfaction and retention is progressively achieved
Areas of responsibility:
- Follow-up on all clients’ request and legal cases and keep every client informed of the progress;
- Explain the process and expectations of each case to the clients and secure full understanding and commitment.
- Provide support and share projects with the team in Limassol and Nicosia, as well as any other person outside the office who may be directly involved or related to a legal case;
- Liaise with clients, associates, governmental authorities and banks.
- Monday to Friday as follows: 08:00 – 13:00 and 14:00 – 17:30.
Overtime / weekend work prospect:
- Overtime is expected in few instances and as per requirement;
- Weekend work prospect: It may occur
Background and education:
- Holder of a LLB degree is required
- Holder of a LLM degree will be considered as advantage.
- Passing the Cyprus Bar Association exams and be registered as a Cyprus advocate;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Power Point;
- Advanced Greek and English language skills are required;
- Russian language knowledge is considered an advantage.
- Minimum experience: 3 years experience as a Lawyer.