On behalf of our client, an established, well respected and expanding law firm based in Nicosia, we are seeking an experienced and suitably qualified Advocate to deliver legal counsel covering a general scope of cases.
This role requires a diligent and capable professional with the motivation and commitment to provide sound legal advice & representation, and a ‘hands-on’ approach when managing a portfolio of legal cases including court proceedings, corporate & financial transactions and civil cases.
Able to independently manage clients this role requires an attentive and proactive Advocate who can deal with requests & instruction and execute transactions competently whilst remaining effective under pressure.
Key Accountabilities of the Role
- Prepare all documents required to file cases.
- Independently handle civil court cases/litigation of general scope.
- Structure, draft, review and negotiate commercial agreements and manage transactions, including cross border, through to completion.
- Participate in legal due diligence.
- Provide legal opinion and counsel on corporate, financial &trust matters.
- Coordinate with overseas based legal firms for any joint transactional cases.
Your Experience & Knowledge
- University Law Degree.LPC, BAR or LLM will be considered an additional advantage.
- Ideally 5-6 years plus hands-on experience handling civil court cases / litigation.
- Proven experience drafting/reviewing/negotiating commercial agreements.
- Commercial litigation and banking litigation will be considered an additional advantage.
- Past experience in legal aspects of capital markets/funds/trusts shall be considered an additional advantage.
- Experience of using Zygos application will be also considered an additional advantage.
- Member of the Cyprus Bar Association.
- Excellent oral and written command of Greek and English language.
- Driving license and vehicle.
- 13th Salary
- Discretional bonus payments based on performance.
- BAR Association annual practicing fee paid.
- Excellent health insurance coverage, 50% paid by employer.
- Endorsement and funding for professional seminars.
- Career advancement supported.
Due to volumes only successful candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted. By forwarding your CV to KiteHR you are consenting to be contacted for this position.