We are currently looking to recruit a lawyer in Cyprus with 4-6 years’ post-qualification experience to support the international legal team of the investment advisory business of the Albourne Group of companies
As Legal Counsel you would be responsible to the Head of Legal & Compliance of the Group comprising the Company’s ultimate parent company, Albourne Partners Limited (“APL”) and its subsidiaries, including the Company (together, the “Albourne Group”) for:
- such legal, compliance and company secretarial aspects of the Company as the Head of Legal & Compliance may from time to time assign to you, and
- such legal, compliance, regulatory and other aspects of APL and of other members of the Group which do not have in-house counsel of their own as the Head of Legal & Compliance may from time to time assign to you.
You will also co-operate with and assist the in-house counsel of such other members to deal with the legal, compliance and regulatory aspects of the Albourne Group as a whole. Albourne is currently looking for committed, dedicated and self-motivated professionals to fill the below position.
The specification for Legal Counsel is given below:
· Draft, review and negotiate various commercial documents such as services agreements, confidentiality agreements, NDAs, requests for proposals and supply agreements.
· Provide legal support to Albourne Group’s business and corporate functions, including compliance, client services, research teams, human resources, IT and others regarding strategic initiatives, business negotiations, regulatory matters, legal risks and general company matters. Where external counsel is used, document all advice and communication received.
· Provide legal support to other functions within the Albourne Group including matters involving vendors/suppliers, HR, administration and other business needs (e.g. IT, intellectual property, technology, property, immigration and human resources).
· Support compliance and regulatory responsibilities of the Company, of APL and of the offices of members of the Albourne Group which do not have in-house counsel of their own.
· Assist the Head of Legal and Compliance and the Group’s other Chief Compliance Officers with administration of the Albourne Group’s compliance programme and its related policies and procedures.
· Manage legal matters, including support on global legal projects and matters.
· Ensure company secretarial books and corporate records are kept up to date.
· Assist with anti-money laundering procedures for all new APL clients, complete and document various regulatory requirements.
· Assist with applications to local regulators in other jurisdictions if required.
· If so required by the Head of Legal & Compliance, attend and participate in meetings of the Group Compliance Committee and its sub-committees and undertake ongoing associated management tasks in conjunction with management.
· Work closely with senior management of the Company, of APL and of other members of the Albourne Group and ensure that there is good communication of issues.
· Liaise with colleagues and clients at all levels in multiple jurisdictions.
· Liaise with members of the legal and compliance teams in the U.S., UK and Asia, and participate in legal and compliance team meetings.
· If so required by the Head of Legal & Compliance, attend Client and other external events.
· Fluency in the Greek and English languages. Other languages used in the Group - e.g. German, will be an advantage.
· 4-6 years’ post-qualification experience.
· Experience gained working in the UK, either with a London law firm or in an in-house position, will be considered an advantage.
· Familiarity with regulatory and compliance matters and general knowledge of practices and procedures within the investment adviser industry.
· Familiarity with Cyprus, UK and European data protection laws is desirable.
· Familiarity with Cyprus employment
law and the law of intellectual property.
· Ability to provide effective advice in Cyprus whilst helping to ensure that arrangements there and in the rest of the Albourne Group are consistent.
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate and relate at all levels of the organization.
· Ability to understand and integrate details of a business operational environment in applying legal and policy requirements.
· Commercial awareness.
· Excellent organizational/time-management skills.
· Strong inter personal and teamwork
· Problem-solving mentality.
· Highly motivated and confident.
· Attendance at company events upon request.
· Willingness and ability to travel to the Albourne Group’s offices in London and elsewhere for the purposes of training or to carry out duties there.
About the Company
"Albourne's mission is to be the world's leading provider of independent high-quality research and advice on complicated assets.”
Albourne Partners (Cyprus) Ltd has been in Cyprus since 1998 and currently has over 90 employees. Albourne develops its proprietary software systems for the management of alternative asset information, modelling of investments and risk management, as well as all its websites in Cyprus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please mention position applied for in the subject heading. Closing date for applications: Monday, 19th September, 2016
Only successful candidates will be contacted