Merit Group, is seeking to recruit Compliance & Data Protection Officer
Qualifications and Experience:
- Fluency in both Greek and English.
- Degree from a reputable University in law or equivalent (minimum 2.2 or equivalent).
- Minimum 2 years of experience dealing with compliance matters.
- Knowledge of legal requirements and controls in relation to compliance, AML and data protection.
- Knowledge of rules and regulations of Cysec, ICPAC, MIFID II.
- Understanding of fiduciary tasks, confidentiality rules and non-disclosure policies.
- Understanding of funds and fund managers.
- Strong drafting skills with attention to details.
- Developed communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, ambitious and a team player.
- CySec exams passed will be considered an advantage.
Main responsibilities are:
- Managing, coordinating, and monitoring the day-to-day Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Compliance Program of the companies of the group and create sound internal controls and monitor adherence to them.
- Providing accurate and pragmatic data protection advise and updating the procedures of the company in relation to data protection.
- Ensuring that the companies of the group are fully compliant with the requirements of the regulatory authority and act as point of contact with the regulatory authority and MOKAS.
- Periodical review of KYC records as to completeness, including verifying that due diligence has been performed and that the files and risk assessments are current and up to date.
- Periodical assessments on data protection impact.
- Education and training of employees on AML and GDPR.
- Drafting and revision of company policies to reflect changes in the applicable laws and/or regulatory requirements.
- Periodical evaluation of existing clients according to established policies and procedures.
- Making amendments to existing agreements reflecting the GDPR.
- Salary according to qualifications
- Provident fund
- Medical insurance