On behalf of our client, an established, well respected and expanding law firm based in Nicosia, we are seeking an experienced and suitably qualified Corporate Lawyer.
Dedicated and competent professional with the motivation and commitment to provide sound legal advice & representation. A ‘hands-on’ approach when managing a portfolio of legal cases including corporate & financial transactions.
Able to independently manage clients, this role requires an attentive and proactive legal advocate who can independently follow up on requests & instruction, and execute transactions competently whilst remaining effective under pressure.
Key Accountabilities of the Role
- Manage a portfolio of clients and their day-to-day operations and requests.
- Structure, draft, review and negotiate commercial agreements/legal documentation.
- Manage transactions, including cross border, through to completion.
- Prepare all documentation required to file cases.
- Oversee legal due diligence and compliance processes relating to KYC.
- Provide legal opinion and counsel on corporate, commercial financial & trust matters.
- Coordinate with overseas based legal firms for any joint transactional cases.
- Prepare various corporate documents (resolutions, agreements, power of attorneys, registers, letters etc).
- Prepare and submit corporate changes with the relevant authorities.
- Oversee the formation and registration of new companies.
Your Experience & Knowledge
- University Law Degree. LPC, BAR or LLM will be considered an additional advantage.
- Proven experience (Ideally 3 - 5 years) drafting/reviewing/negotiating commercial agreements and overseeing transactions.
- Previous experience working with KYC procedures will be considered an advantage.
- Experience of using Zygos platform will be also considered an additional advantage.
- Member of the Cyprus Bar Association.
- Excellent oral and written command of Greek and English language.
- Driving license and vehicle.
- Initial remuneration based on experience & qualifications, plus 13th Salary.
- Remuneration reviews throughout the year.
- Discretional bonus payments based on performance.
- BAR Association, pension fund contribution and annual practicing fee paid.
- Endorsement and funding for professional seminars.
- Career advancement supported.
Due to volumes only successful candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted. By forwarding your CV to KiteHR you are consenting to be contacted for this position.
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.