A well-established production and investment group that is setting up an office in Cyprus.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced legal professional to join a dynamic environment. The successful candidate will report to the Head of Cyprus Office and the Board of Directors of the Company.
Main responsibilities include:
- Provide legal support, advice and expertise to the management of the Company
- Draft contracts and agreements (letter of intent, share purchase agreements, etc.) as well as legal documents (letters of mutual understanding, affidavits, letters of intent, terminations,etc.)
- Provide corporate support to legal entities, such asopening and liquidation of companies, increasing/decreasing share capital/premium, and drafting corporate approvals
- Prepare legal opinions on business transactions and agreements
- Provide advice and assistance to internal clients with respect to corporate and immigration issues, arranging for notarization and legalization of documents
- Develop internal documents of legal entities, charters, contracts templates, orders, reports, etc.
- Cooperate with agents in different jurisdictions, ordering corporate documents
- Assist in the review of documents to ensure that they comply with rules and legal requirements
- Prepare, draft, review, and execute legal/secretarial documents, such as PoA, Minutes, Resolutions, Instruments of transfer, Declarations/Certificates, etc.
- Prepare documents/information for account opening – KYC procedure
- Maintain and update the Group’s corporate profile with collaborating banks
- Liaise with the Group’s administrators, agents, external lawyers, accountant and auditors
- General administrative duties, such as translation of documents, management of office maintenance, internal/external communication, and maintenance of the filing system.
Profile of the ideal candidate:
- University Degree in Law, preferably from a UK University
- Member of the Cyprus Bar Association will be considered an advantage
- Additional certification in AML, EU Directives, Corporate Governance, and/or MiFID will be an advantage.
- At least 5 years of experience as a Corporate Lawyer
- Hands-on experience in the preparation of contracts, legal documents, statutory documents and shareholder agreements
- Very good knowledge of International Law, EU, British and Cyprus Law
- Good Knowledge of AML, EU Directives, Corporate Governance, and MiFID requirements
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Very good time management and organisation skills
- Integrity and high level of responsibility
- Proficiency in a legal system (e.g. Lexis-Nexis, EUR-Lex, or e-Justice)
- Good knowledge of Greek and English. Knowledge of Russian will be considered an advantage.
An attractive remuneration package including benefits will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
The position will be on a fixed-term contract (1 year with the possibility of renewal on an annual basis), as per the company’s standard practice.
Apply now in strict confidence on PwC website:
Deadline: 07October 2019
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.