GRIMALDI ALLIANCE is an elite global law firm serving leading companies and organisations, both private and public, as well as European and international institutions. Our history at the helm of an international alliance places us perfectly to assist and offer advice to our clients with an innovative approach.
With lawyers operating from more than 60 locations, working in more than 50 jurisdictions around the world, we have invested heavily in building a high-quality full services practice competing with the top players in the market. GRIMALDI ALLIANCE, in addition to being prominent in Europe, is attentive to the personal development of its collaborators at the contact of highly skilled professionals.
GRIMALDI ALLIANCE is seeking for a junior attorney with a broad albeit pointed interest in European law, ideally with 1-3 years of professional experience in commercial law and litigation. Additional experience in certain areas of EU regulatory law would be an asset.
As well as possessing excellent academic credentials and legal knowledge, you are also business-minded, with a solid grasp of the market and an enthusiasm for meeting of current challenges for the national, European and international market.
Excellent oral and written communication skills will be major assets - enabling you to negotiate effectively, and to seamlessly manage the flow of information between practice groups, clients and stakeholders. Regularly working in large, international and multidisciplinary teams, you should also demonstrate a collaborative approach and an ease interacting with a wide range of legal and business professionals. Proactive and self-motivated, you should be eager to take ownership of your work product and demonstrate the skil, talent and commitment to deliver outstanding results.
The Junior Lawyer Practice Areas covers:
In addition to having a perfect command of English, knowledge of additional EU-spoken languages, in particular Dutch or French, is an asset. The candidate should also have experience in the following areas:
- Commercial law and litigation
- Drafting and review of in-court and out-of-court documents for public and private clients
- General EU law (the fundamental freedoms of the internal market, EU institutional framework, legislative process, etc.)
- Registration with a Bar association.
- Excellent academic credentials from university, a LLM is plus;
- Experience in commercial and litigation matters within a top tier firm is a plus;
- Knowledge of European functioning of legal matters;
- Business development and networking attitude and organizational skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Duties and Accountabilities:
You will part of the EU/Belgian law team in supporting private and public clients worldwide. The EU/Belgian law team, inter alia, regularly assists EU institutions and agencies in shaping future European legislation as well as in the proper implementation of existing European regulations, at national level in the 27 EU Member States. You will also assist and represent clients in matters of Belgian law, whether of a transactional, contractual or contentious nature.
Your main duties will be:
- Drafting legal opinions in different fields of EU Law, specializing in commercial and litigation matters;
- Providing legal assistance to – and representing – public and private clients;
- Attending meetings and hearings;
- Managing junior associates and graduates as a part of the team.
We offer high-quality, internationally oriented work on the most challenging issues, a competitive career path, and the opportunity to work as part of a truly global organization. GRIMALDI ALLIANCE also offers and ensures a competitive work environment geared toward inclusion and diversity.
Please submit cvs to