We are interested to recruit an experienced lawyer on a permanent basis, to work from our offices in Nicosia. Vacancy requires candidates at a certain level of seniority.
Qualifications required and additional advantages
- University Law Degree – an LPC, BAR or LLM shall be considered an additional advantage;
- Excellent oral and written command of Greek and English language.
- Member of the Cyprus Bar Association;
- 4-5 years (or more) experience in: corporate law and/or financing transactions and/or M&A work;
- Competency & experience in drafting, negotiating and reviewing legal contracts, LoIs, MoUs, offer letters, SPAs etc;
- Ability/experience to coordinate directly with clients, receive instructions and execute and deal with transactions on her/his own with minimum supervision;
- Past experience and participation in legal due diligence, execution/observance of conditions precedent to closings and successful closings shall be considered additional advantage.
- Past experience in legal aspects of capital markets/funds/trusts shall be considered an additional advantage.
- Past experience in any legal aspect of aviation shall be considered additional advantage.
- Past experience in communication and coordination with corresponding law firms/associates abroad shall be considered an additional advantage.
The successful candidate will be responsible at a senior level with supervision from managing partner inter alia for:
· Advising clients on financing transactions,
· Advising clients on M&A transactions,
· Legal due diligence,
· Cross-border transactions,
· Structuring, drafting / reviewing / negotiation of legal documents ( including pre-transactional),
· Provision of legal opinions on corporate/trust matters and corporate transactions
· Coordination with corresponding firms abroad on joint legal work
· Provision of corporate services to clients.
Successful Candidate is expected to be devoted and committed to her/his duties, being able to monitor, follow and keep up with her/his assignments regularly and with minimum/typical supervision. She/he must be able to react promptly and competently to various requests by clients and be well organised to observe all assignments at the same time. She/he must have the ability/experience to prioritize assignments as per the type, urgency, timing etc.
Applications of Interest
Successful Candidate shall be offered an attractive remuneration package, with an opportunity for fast advancement on a performance basis.
Remuneration offer shall be in accordance with educational qualifications, professional background and range of experience.
ALL APPLICATIONS SHALL BE DEALT IN STRICT CONFIDENCE.